Friday, April 1, 2011

Occupational Hazard

I like to take care of my books. I don't fold back the covers too far; I use post-it notes to mark items of interest instead of dog-earing the page; I use highlighters or underlining only on special occasions.

I have about twenty books that I am using to research Road from the West, and about half a dozen of those I refer to regularly. One of my most important titles is The Gesta Tancredi of Ralph of Caen: A History of the Normans on the First Crusade (Crusade Texts in Translation).  Medieval texts can be pricey and this one currently retails for one hundred dollars on Amazon.


The other day Oliver threw up all over this book. A lot. True story.






I still think he's cute.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my! I hope there wasn't too much damage. Now your prize book will hold a priceless memory. I've had three terrible spitters, but they haven't hit any of our books yet! Though maybe that's just a sad commentary on the amount of reading I've gotten done while they were young...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe....thanks for the giggle - I needed that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just take it out of his allowance. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...