Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Meet My Main Character, by Rosanne E. Lortz

I've been tagged by Debra Brown over at English Epochs 101, and now, I get to tell you a little bit about the main character in one of my writing projects. I've talked before about my First Crusade novels on here, so I think I'll talk about my other novel in the works....

1) What is the name of your character? Is he/she fictional or a historic person?

My main character is Harold Emison, the Earl of Anglesford, but he goes by Haro to family and friends. He is fictional.

2) When and where is the story set?

The story is a novel of romantic suspense set in Regency England. It is also, very loosely, based on the people and events surrounding the Norman Conquest (mostly because I'm such a nerd that I can't NOT write about the Middle Ages).

3) What should we know about him/her?

Haro's father has died recently, and Haro has become, quite unexpectedly, the new Earl of Anglesford and the head of the family.

4) What is the main conflict? What messes up his/her life?

Unbeknownst to the family, Haro's father had imperiled all their fortunes through his addiction to the gaming table. Haro is forced to find a way to restore the family fortunes, even if it means marrying a rich mill owner's daughter. But when he jilts his cousin to marry an heiress, tempers flare, family members clash, and events at the old family estate lead to murder most foul with Haro the prime suspect....

5) What is the personal goal of the character?

Haro's personal goal is to take care of his mother and family, even if he has to sacrifice his own personal desires and true love to do it.

6) Is there a working title for this novel, and can we read more about it?

The working title of the novel is To Wed an Heiress...or A Fatal Conquest. I still haven't decided which one I like better.

7) When can we expect the book to be published?

Oh dear. I'm not sure on that one. Life has been very challenging lately and writing has been thrust onto the back burner. I would very much like to have this novel (and the second one of my First Crusade novels!) finished by the end of this year, but we shall see....

Thanks for visiting the post, and I will tag five historical fiction authors to answer these questions as well  once I have contacted them and have their permission. They'll be introducing their main character to you in a few days.

1) Philippa Jane Keyworth

2) Paula Lofting

3) Scott Howard

4) Nancy Bilyeau

5) Stephanie Moore Hopkins

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, he's very handsome and he has a lot to deal with. I hope it all works out fine for him. I really like the way A Fatal Conquest sounds like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Farida! And Haro thanks you for your well wishes. I have an inkling that he'll be exonerated, because he is too much of a gentleman to have done anything so awful as strangling....

      Delete
  2. Hi Rosanne, a murder plot involving an aristocratic family in regency England? I like the sound of that!

    "It is also, very loosely, based on the people and events surrounding the Norman Conquest (mostly because I'm such a nerd that I can't NOT write about the Middle Ages)."- haha!

    Good luck with getting your book finished this year!

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haro looks very dashing, and the story sounds really interesting! I have to admit when it comes to historical fiction I don't find myself reading a lot set in Regency England, but this definitely sounds like the kind of thing I'd enjoy!

    Good luck, I hope you manage to finish it when you want to! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jess! I like both romances and murder mysteries, so putting them together has to be the best of both worlds, right? ;-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...