Friday, April 27, 2012

Things to Do on a Cloudy Day



My friend and fellow Inkblot Society member Lauren recently posted about using Wordle to create fun word clouds of your blog content. I'm sure many of you have heard of this site already, but I'm a little bit behind the times, so this was my first visit over there. I input the blog feed for this site and (as evidenced by the picture above) discovered that I've had Jerusalem on the brain lately. That's where the Crusader army has just arrived in my current WIP, Flower of the Desert--I think I'm as excited as they are to get to the city at last.


Just for fun, I did a couple more Wordles. Here's the word cloud for the Flower of the Desert manuscript itself. I bet you can't guess who the protagonist is....




And then here's the word cloud for Read Room, my book review blog. 




One of the best things about these word clouds is that you can manipulate the layout, the font, and the color. If you have a few spare minutes on this cloudy Friday morning, head on over to Wordle to input your own blog or manuscript. It's time well wasted and lots of fun.

3 comments:

  1. Fun stuff! (I hadn't heard of it either) Mine would probably come up with a huge "Diaper" in the middle ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it and see what happens! :-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...