Kin·dle – verb
2. to excite; stir up or set going
3. to light up, illuminate, or make bright
Kin·dle – noun
1. an e-reader first put out by Amazon.com in 2007, now owned by over 2 million book-lovers
For independent authors, the Kindle is a huge boon. To sell your work on Kindle, all you have to do is upload a cover picture and a formatted Word document. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. In the last two months Amazon has also made it possible for authors to receive a 70% royalty from Kindle sales, a far higher profit percentage than authors have ever received from the sales of hard copies.
In recent months, Kindle readers have been enthusiastic in their reception of I Serve, and a steady stream of electronic copies have been downloaded from Amazon's website onto the sleek e-readers of historical fiction lovers. Sales projections show that we will sell our 500th Kindle copy of I Serve sometime in the next two or three weeks.
To celebrate our ongoing success with Kindle sales, we are giving away a signed, paperback copy of I Serve (because, let's face it, the paperback is feeling a little left out with all of this hype about its electronic counterpart).
If you want to be entered in the giveaway for a paperback copy of I Serve, do any (or all) of the following:
- Comment on this post (include your e-mail address).
- Become a follower of this blog and tell me about it in a comment (include your e-mail address). If you are already a follower, you can still do this.
- Post about this giveaway on your own blog and give the link to your post in a comment (include your e-mail address).
This gives you the chance to submit up to three entries to win your own signed, paperback copy of I Serve. Once the 500th Kindle copy of I Serve finds a home, this giveaway opportunity will end and I will contact the winner.

I would like a signed copy!
ReplyDeletebertandagata@gmail.com
I am officially a follower of your blog now :o)
ReplyDeletebertandagata@gmail.com
This novel has been on my wish list for some time now. Thanks for the chance to win a copy.
ReplyDeleteI just signed on to follow on Google Reader.
lcbrower40(at)gmail(dot)com
i'm following and i'd like a copy please.
ReplyDeletemarshallslionatgmaildotcom
I would love a signed copy! BTW I love your blog and your thoughtful book reviews.
ReplyDeleteprincessordinary (at) gmail (dot) com
Oh, and I'm also already a follower of your blog! :)
ReplyDeleteprincessordinary (at) gmail (dot) com
I would love to win a copy! And I'm a follower.
ReplyDeletecrimson_haze(at)hotmail(dot)com
I would love to win! Historical Fiction is my favorite genre and your books is on my list to read.
ReplyDeleteteddyr66 at yahoo dot com
I now follow via Google Reader.
ReplyDeleteWe posted about this giveaway over at Historical Tapestry. http://historicaltapestry.blogspot.com/2010/09/ht-news_10.html
ReplyDeleteI would love to win and read your book! I love reading historical fiction (and non-fiction) and looking at the time periods I have read about, there seems to be a gap that your book would fill in wonderfully well!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the sales of your book, and best of luck with the arrival of your twins!
nellista @ gmail dot com
I have read many excellent reviews of I Serve and would love to read it myself.
ReplyDeleteThank you
kaiminani at gmail dot com
I now follow your blog
ReplyDeletethank you
kaiminani at gmail dot com
Oooh! A free book. Love it. :)
ReplyDeleterosearamma at aol dot com
I would love to win a copy of the book if the giveaway is open to worldwide entries.
ReplyDeleteThank you.
Carol T
buddytho {at} gmail DOT com
Loved the book...and would LOVE a signed copy! :)
ReplyDelete