Wednesday, May 8, 2013

What Makes a King Great?: The Law Code of King Alfred

I've been reading up on King Alfred lately. It's research...but not for a novel. It's actually in preparation for a play that I'm hoping to write (collaboratively) to be performed at one of our church festivals in the fall. And since I've been focusing on Alfred, I decided to make that research do double duty for my monthly blog post over at English Historical Fiction Authors.

If you'd like to learn a little more about the only English monarch who has ever received the title "the Great," head on over and read my post "Alfred the Great and the Importance of the Oath." It's all about the foundations of English law, and Beowulf gets a mention or two, just for kicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...