Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Typology in History

So, I know what you're thinking: "You never post on this blog anymore except to tell us that you've posted something else on another blog." Sadly, that does seem to be the case. I have the privilege of posting monthly over at the English Historical Fiction Authors blog, and while I often neglect my own site, I am quite diligent to write up regular historical essays for EHFA.

This month I am talking about typology over at that other place I blog--about how the bishop Germanus woke from sleep to calm the wind and the waves, and how the people of England threw down their coats in front of Thomas Becket and shouted "Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!" Both of them are "types" of Christ, doncha know? Or, at least, that's what the medieval historians thought. You can go here to read more about it.

3 comments:

  1. I remember a certain movie called 'King Arthur' depicted poor Germannus in a less than flattering light.... but then it was not a good movie IMO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Rosanne,

    Just letting you know that I have enjoyed following your blog and have nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. Find out more about the award by visiting the post on my blog where I have nominated you and linked back to your blog.
    http://www.minetoavenge.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/liebster-blog-award-mark-2_2161.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kerry! It's a great honor to be nominated. Hopefully, I will have the time to follow up with answering your questions and doing some Liebster nominations of my own soon. Thanks, again!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...