Friday, March 1, 2013

I've Been Busy...How 'Bout You?

I don't flatter myself that many of my blog's followers eagerly check each day to see if I have a new post up. But at the same time, one (or two) of you may have noticed that there's been a sad dearth of posts lately. This post is a brief explanation of my silence.

What can I possibly have been spending my time doing besides blogging?

Well, first off, my husband and I are working on starting an elementary school for this coming September. It's called Paideia Classical Christian School and will be located here in Oregon City. I'm enjoying doing all the admin work to get it set up. Hopefully, this will be the school that my boys go to some day!

Second, I've been very, very busy with editing work at Madison Street Publishing. We are releasing a new book in April by Scott D. Southard titled A Jane Austen Daydream. It's off at the proofreader's right now, so I have a little bit of a break before I move onto the next step in the publishing process.

I've also begun editing another book called Castles, Customs, and Kings: True Tales by English Historical Fiction Authors. It's a compilation of essays from the EHFA blog that I write for, put together by Debra Brown.

Third, I've been taking care of three little munchkins! Marcus turned one at the end of January, is walking (and almost running), and is very eager to climb on all the furniture. We took him into the ER a couple days ago for a possible broken arm after falling from a chair. False alarm.

The twins are almost two and a half and are beginning to doubt the importance of the afternoon nap ritual. We had a short-lived attempt at potty training two weeks ago that will have to be repeated sometime in the (distant) future.

David, it could be argued, has been even busier than me. He's going to school full time, working as a janitor 15-20 hours a week, and interning at the capitol in Salem 15-20 hours a week. He's also trying to finish up writing his book about his adventures as a panhandler last summer. We see him...sometimes. Usually on Sundays.

So, all this is to say that I've been busy. Too busy to blog. How 'bout you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...