Monday, June 11, 2012

Thanks to My Readers, Another Milestone!

A year and a half ago I posted about an important milestone in my authorial career--one thousand Kindle copies of I Serve sold. Now I have another milestone to share, a milestone I never even dreamed of when I self-published three years ago. Tallying up all electronic and print copies, I have now sold ten thousand copies of I Serve. I feel like I'm giving an acceptance speech at the Oscars, and I don't have much to say except thank you, thank you, thank you to all my readers, and God bless Amazon!


7 comments:

  1. I have heard self-publishing is becoming increasingly popular. Is it possible to get more information on this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could talk for hours on the ins, outs, pros, and cons of self-publishing. If you have something specific you want to know, shoot me an e-mail and we can "talk" about it.

      Delete
  2. I might have to do that at some point. BTW How on earth do you get that 'Books read and reviewed' from Goodreads widget?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to search around for a moment to figure out how I got the widget. Go to "My Bookshelves" on your Goodreads page. I think you can also go there by going to "My Account." Then, under the Tools section, click on Widgets. They have options for several different widgets you can put on your blog, and you can customize them pretty easily. Mine pulls all the recent books from my "read" shelf. Hope that helps!

      Delete
    2. Yes, I spotted it there, but could'nt get it onto mine. I think perhaps it does not work on non-self hosted Wordpress blogs.

      What is your e-mail BTW or can it be found somewhere in the site?

      Delete
    3. You know what, I think you're right. Just remembered that I tried putting the GR widget on my Wordpress blog Read Room where I do book reviews, and it wouldn't work.

      My e-mail is RoseLZ18 (at) yahoo (dot) com. It's also up in the Welcome paragraph at the top of the page on the right side.

      Delete
    4. Thankyou. Doesn't it get annoying some of the things wordpress cant do unless you're self hosted?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...