Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Do You Libboo?

I've had a flood of writing projects pouring over my desk this summer, and autumn holds no promise of the waters subsiding.. Besides working on my next historical fiction novel (Road from the West), I am also part of a church team that is putting together a compilation of sermons by our pastor, Rev. Dennis Tuuri. Our first step was to transcribe the sermons. Our next step is to edit and re-organize them in book form.

One of our team members suggested using the website Libboo to help us with this project. Libboo is designed to help groups collaborate on writing projects in the different roles of editors, writers, critics, researchers, etc. Today I signed up for a Libboo membership and explored the website a little bit. Will it be useful for our team and the book we are compiling? I'm not sure yet.

Before I buy a book on Amazon.com, I always like to see the ratings and reader reviews. In the case of Libboo, I need to go out and find the reviewers--hence, this blog post. Have you ever used Libboo.com to work on a collaborative writing project? If so, did it work well for you? Do you know of any other websites that can be used for a collaborative writing project? I'd love to hear your feedback.

3 comments:

  1. Hi

    I have used Libboo to make some books. It works okay but there is room for improvement of course.

    One thing though that does RRRREEEAAAALLLY excite me is that they're building up to a project they have called Experiment. It's basically where they get a famous author to startg a book then get the rest of the community to finish it. It's being started by Richard Wiseman which is one of my all time favourite writers! I'm mega excited by that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Libboo's experiment has started and what a neat thing it is!
    The site has been updated based on user-feedback and is a continual work-in-progress that has evolved into an online app.
    If you're looking to collaborate on a book, I highly recommmend it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is redundant to say 'my next historical fiction novel' because by definition, a novel is fiction.

    novel 1 |ˈnävəl|
    noun
    a fictitious prose narrative of book length, typically representing character and action with some degree of realism : the novels of Jane Austen.

    Just say 'my next historical novel' instead.

    Best of luck with your writing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...